FPVLAB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fatshark Predators vs Dominators?

Banned

Question Fatshark Predators vs Dominators?

Ok so new to FPV, still working on pro/cons of different gear. I would like to ask for at least one major item (price wise) for Christmas that way i dont have to shell out as much money myself

So im looking at the Fatshark Predator and Dominator series goggles and im wondering which is better for the money? From my noob standpoint it seems the Predators are the better buy because they are $40 cheaper, and have build in head tracking and 5.8ghz reciever (not sure about using that yet though because i hear 5.8 does not have great range) whereas the Dominators are more expensive, and you have to buy the head tracking module ($70) separate as well as the optional 2.4/5.8 receivers which like i said i probably wont use. Besides that whats the difference between the two? the only other thing i see is the Predators have a 25* FOV whereas the Dominator has 30* (how big a difference will that make? i know both are much smaller that the original fatsharks which had like a 45* FOV or something)

Links:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20671

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19445
    Last edited by Dopey; 19th December 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Banned
    anyone?

View this video on YouTube

Still waiting on the Dominators to evaluate. Not sure if it’s going to happen. I tried the predators however flying the base version it would be hard for me to get used to them. However for a super portable setup i will be buying the Dominators in the near future.

Any who hope this helps.
    youtube.com/nue3nthlapy vimeo.com/enthlapy

HAhahah.... some guy, sassan or something, talks alot, hahahah.. I think he forgot a bit more....

That must be his first pair of goggles... I am sorry , but I need my 46 deg field of view, call me old school.
    ONE WITH THE MACHINE --> http://www.youtube.com/user/FPVFlier

I think you guy are mis understanding the whole FOV. Its realated to the optics and your eye, the resolution appears better with less field of view but further out. The greater the FOV the more pixalation is visable, its like watching a TV closer up. Both are flyable just a matter of getting used to. And no thats not sassan its gundamnitpete, i dont believe he is on here yet however he flys alot with his quad.
    Last edited by Enthlapy; 19th December 2011 at 09:47 AM.

Yeah I know, but was talking about sassan...

I did look through the dominators and I was not impressed by the immersion. Picture was good, since it was so small and made me feel like I was watching a movie in a theater. I am sure other people may like it.
    ONE WITH THE MACHINE --> http://www.youtube.com/user/FPVFlier

Its been said before and will be said again. Unless you are sitting there with both sets right next to each other you wont even notice the difference. One has wider FOV, one has better picture quality. They both have there plusses and unless you are using both you wont even notice the difference. Ive had my dominators for about a month and already forgot all about the FOV on my Fatshark Aviators.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Quote Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
    Its been said before and will be said again. Unless you are sitting there with both sets right next to each other you wont even notice the difference. One has wider FOV, one has better picture quality. They both have there plusses and unless you are using both you wont even notice the difference. Ive had my dominators for about a month and already forgot all about the FOV on my Fatshark Aviators.
    +1

If you started with Dominator/Predator you would never know the difference period.

+ Reply to Thread