Page 103 of 427 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Quote Originally Posted by londonguy View Post
    How do you find the Discovery performance with the stock 450 motors when it's loaded up with FPV gear?

What motor options are there if you want a bit more performance?
    It's a bit of a dog on 3S with 10 inch props. I'm now using 4S with Graupner 9 x 5 props and it's totally different, plenty of performance and the flight time is significantly better. I had a lot of jello in the GoPro video with the 3S setup, the smaller props and bigger battery eliminated 90% of the jello I was seeing which tells me it was definitely struggling with the original setup.

I have a QAV500 which is a bit heavier but roughly the same size and I'm using Avroto 2814-11 motors on it, way overkill, the thing is like a jet fighter with 10 inch props so if I were going to change motors on the TBS I'd be looking for something in between stock and the big 2814 series.

Ken, have you tried 8" with 4S vs the 9". I have lots of 8" and 10" but no 9" Looking for that happy medium.

youtube.com/nue3nthlapy vimeo.com/enthlapy

Yeehaa!!! After increasing the pitch gain from 115 to 175, almost no more "wanting to stop" effect, in manual mode! I'll have to increase it some more, but it's definately a step in the right direction. Confidence level just went from 50% to 75%

Thanks Guys!!!
    Last edited by CowboyZ99; 1st August 2012 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
    Ken, have you tried 8" with 4S vs the 9". I have lots of 8" and 10" but no 9" Looking for that happy medium.
    I have a couple sets of Graupner 8 inch, next time out I'll give them a try. I really like the way it flys with the 9 inch Graupners, the 8's would have to be a LOT better to make me want to swap over.

Ken

I'm not sure if it has been asked (I've previously read pages 0 - ~75), but when installing my CORE, I didn't manage to connect the RSSI ground pin (I *fluffed* up my soldering) to the main board underneath it. However it appears that the pin on the core is already connected to ground. I'm wondering if this is OK, or if this may cause problems.
    If you need more clarification please ask.
    Last edited by FPVer; 1st August 2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling

I just finished my Discovery build with the core installed. Got the whole thing setup. Question. The core will read 2 voltages (main, backup) however I did not install a backup battery. I soldered it to the frame and checked all my connections. Test flight was awesome. Spot on gains and whatnot but near the end of my flight my video shut down intermittently. It then displayed a 2nd voltage of 5.2 V. I'm assuming it switched and is somehow finding that lower voltage from the NAZA BEC. Suggestions? both VTX and Cam are 12V and pads soldered as such. If I were to use a backup does it just hookup to VIN2 or is there a trace to somewhere on the frame? Can I disable it by snipping those 2 pinouts on the frame from the core? I would just take it out now and FPV the thing like but if it cuts out on me I'm in trouble. Thanks guys.

ps the weight of the TBS69 cam is worth it just for the Picture. Love it.

Discovery/Core with NAZA, DJI motors and ESC's 9"graupners
    TBS 69 cam 12V
    900mhz VTX 12V
    4s 3000

For those using the RCTimer 2830-14 750 kv , in case you want or need to upgrade the bearings, you can order them as for E-flite Park 400 , the bearings are the same dimensions! some ABEC 3 bearings will do the job and outperform the OEM bearings, you dont actually have to buy the expensive ABEC 5 or above.

Navigator
    What's the story with NAZA and EZuhf not being compatible? I don't know what PPM or PPL??? is. I'm about to build a Disco with NAZA and would like to use my EZuhf for it. Thx

Navigator
    do you guys cut the power cables coming from the ESC´s?
    connected everythig and the dji LED started to smoke. i managed to disconect the battery and tested again and the led sill works.
    what might be wrong??

thank you